Welcome, savvy WooCommerce user! It’s great that you’ve taken the time to learn more about the amazing features of WooCommerce. In this article, we’ll look at WooCommerce shortcodes to see what they are and how they can benefit your store.
Let’s get started!
A Little Bit About WooCommerce
WooCommerce is a free, open-source ecommerce plugin for WordPress. It is designed to help users create and manage an online store from their WordPress site. Users can create product listings, manage their inventory, and make their own shipping options with WooCommerce.
The plugin is very flexible, allowing you to add different things to improve their user experience, like reviews and product ratings. WooCommerce also works with popular payment processors like PayPal and Stripe so that you can accept customer payments without having to worry about complicated integrations.
What is a shortcode?
A shortcode is a small piece of code that can be put into a website’s post or page as a keyword or phrase to display specific content or features. Shortcodes make it easy for users to find and use content without having to input HTML or other code by hand.
What are WooCommerce shortcodes?
WooCommerce shortcodes allow you to add products and other content to your WordPress posts and pages in an easy and intuitive way. By using shortcodes, you can quickly and easily add product information, prices, buttons, and more to your posts and pages without any previous coding experience.
Where can you use WooCommerce shortcodes?
WooCommerce shortcodes can be used on any page or post on a WordPress site. They are also a great addition to text widgets, when adding product information to a sidebar or footer.
How do I get WooCommerce shortcodes?
WooCommerce shortcodes are available with the WooCommerce plugin. To access them, go to the Settings tab in the WordPress admin panel, select the WooCommerce tab, and then click on the Shortcodes option. This will bring up a list of available shortcodes and their parameters.
In the following sections, we’ll show you how to use some of the shortcodes available in Woo. You can also find lists of WooCommerce shortcodes by searching Google.
Setting Up WooCommerce Shortcodes
Shortcodes are easier than you might think. Here are the general steps to follow:
- Create a new page or post where you want to add the shortcode, or edit an existing one.
- Insert the shortcode [in square brackets] into the text editor to indicate where you want it to appear.
- If the shortcode requires any parameters or attributes, add them inside square brackets as well. For example, [parameter=”value”].
- Publish or Update the page or post.
Common Usage of WooCommerce Shortcodes
There are many WooCommerce shortcodes you can use to customize your store. Here are some of the most common ones:
- [products] – Displays a list of products
- [featured_products] – Displays a list of featured products
- [sale_products] – Displays a list of products on sale
- [best_selling_products] – Displays a list of best-selling products
- [top_rated_products] – Displays a list of top-rated products
- [product_categories] – Displays a list of product categories
- [product_category] – Displays a single product category
- [product_attribute]: Displays a list of products based on an attribute
Cart and Checkout Pages
- [woocommerce_cart] – Displays the cart page
- [woocommerce_checkout] – Displays the checkout page
- [woocommerce_my_account] – Displays the customer’s account page
- [woocommerce_edit_address] – Displays the customer’s address page
- [woocommerce_change_password] – Displays the customer’s password page
- [woocommerce_order_tracking] – Displays the customer’s order tracking page
- [woocommerce_my_orders] – Displays the customer’s orders page
- [woocommerce_my_downloads] – Displays the customer’s downloads page
- [woocommerce_thankyou] – Displays the customer’s thank you page
How do I create a shortcode for a product in WooCommerce?
To create a WooCommerce shortcode for a product, you need to use the [product] shortcode. This shortcode allows you to display products on any page or post. You can choose which product to show using the product ID, SKU, or name. For example:
- [product id=”123″]
- [product sku=”example-product”]
- [product name=”Example Product”]
Benefits of Using WooCommerce Shortcodes
- Increased efficiency: Shortcodes make adding complex features to your site easy without coding them into each page or post by hand. This allows you to save time and energy to focus on other important tasks, like your business growth.
- Reduced Maintenance: Shortcodes are generally easier to maintain than manual code. If a feature of the shortcode changes, you can update the code in one place instead of in multiple locations. This reduces the time and effort needed for maintenance.
- Easier for Non-Developers: Shortcodes make it easier for non-developers to add complex features to their site. Instead of learning programming from the ground up, they can simply enter a few lines of code to create an entire functionality. This makes adding features to WooCommerce stores a breeze for people with limited coding knowledge.
- Improved User Experience: Shortcodes can help improve your online store’s user experience by simplifying the process of adding and changing features. This can help make your site more intuitive, resulting in more satisfied visitors.
- Easy to Use: WooCommerce shortcodes are perfect for novice users. With a few clicks of the mouse, you can add products, prices, and other content to your WooCommerce shop without writing any code.
- Customizable: WooCommerce shortcodes allow you to customize the look and feel of your content. You can create a unique and attractive design for your product pages and posts with a few simple tweaks.
ScalaHosting and Optimizing WooCommerce
ScalaHosting is proud to offer reliable and secure hosting services for WooCommerce. Out cloud VPS solutions contain all the features and tools needed to make your WooCommerce store fast and secure.
All our clients can enjoy a powerful control panel called SPanel. The platform was developed in-house and helps you manage and improve your store’s settings, like caching, database optimization, and more.
If you have any issues, ScalaHosting offers 24/7 live chat and ticket support, free SSL certificates, and WooCommerce-optimized servers. We already have thousands of happy ecommerce clients, evident by the stellar reviews in popular sites like Trustpilot.
WooCommerce shortcodes are an easy and effective way to add extra features to your eCommerce store. They are simple to use, require no coding knowledge, and can help you display products, manage prices, and customize product pages.
They can also be used to customize your store’s checkout process, speed up the loading of product pages, and reduce the time spent managing your store. You can ensure your store looks great, runs smoothly, and users can easily find the products they’re looking for with the help of WooCommerce shortcodes.
Q: How do I add a WooCommerce shortcode to a page or post?
A: You can use the Insert Shortcode button in the WordPress text editor to add a WooCommerce shortcode to a page or post.
Q: Are there different types of WooCommerce shortcodes?
A: Yes, various shortcodes are available for different types of WooCommerce content. Some examples include [products], [product_categories], [recent_products], and [featured_products].
Q: What types of content can I display with WooCommerce shortcodes?
A: With the available shortcodes, you can show products, product categories, recently added products, featured products, product tags, product attributes, and more.
Q: Are there any other functions of WooCommerce shortcodes?
A: Yes, some shortcodes also allow for further customization. For instance, you can use the [products] shortcode to show products in certain categories, with certain features, or in certain price ranges. Other shortcodes, such as [add_to_cart] and [checkout], are used to create buttons for customers to add items to their carts or go directly to the checkout page.
Q: Is there a shortcode for product descriptions in WooCommerce?
A: No, WooCommerce does not provide a shortcode for product descriptions. But you can use plugins like the WooCommerce Product Description Shortcode plugin to add shortcodes to product descriptions.