We collect information from you when you register on our site and place an order. Any data we request that is not required will be specified as voluntary or optional.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience. (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website. (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service. (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To send periodic emails. (The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order or request.)
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you submit a request, place an order or access your personal information.
These security measures include: password protected directories and databases to safeguard your information, SSL (Secure Sockets Layered) technology to ensure that your information is fully encrypted and sent across the Internet securely or PCI Scanning to actively protect our servers from hackers and other vulnerabilities.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
According to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of The European Parliament and of The Council of 27 April 2016 which repealed the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC Scala Hosting LLC takes all the possible technical and organizational measures acknowledged by the applicable law in the Data protection field to protect any data we may store, operate or process about our clients.
How do we store and protect our clients` personal information
Your information collected through Scala Hosting LLC Services may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country that Scala Hosting LLC operates in. Scala Hosting LLC does not transfer your information to a country or jurisdiction that does not have the same high requirements for data protection as the laws of your jurisdiction.
For any possible transfer of data outside EU borders, we guarantee the adequate level of data protection by means of contractual stipulations or other instruments as acknowledged by applicable law.
All information that we collect is stored online on servers owned and operated by Scala Hosting LLC. We guarantee the adequate level of data protection as we have taken the necessary actions to avoid the exposure of your personal information to third parties which include the following steps:
- a) The servers we store your personal information on are located in datacenter facilities with high security standards which include physical ID check for access, 24/7/365 onsite personnel and video control.
- b) The servers we use for storing personal information require a certain type of authentication and have security measures in place to avoid 3rd party unauthorized access.
- c) All staff members of Scala Hosting LLC who have access to your personal information have signed non-disclosure agreements not to use your information except for the purposes of performing their job.
- d) Scala Hosting LLC is concerned with protecting your privacy and data, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Scala Hosting LLC services or guarantee that your information on Scala Hosting LLC services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards. When you enter sensitive information (such as username and password) on our order form or client area, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure though. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information please contact us. We use an outside platform, and a credit card processing company to bill you if you purchase services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purposes.
- e) For EU customers, Scala Hosting LLC complies with the EU General Data Protection Regulation as set by the European Union regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data.
- f) We use your information, given by you – other that client data – to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the service you requested and to provide support to you in regards to the service. We process client data solely in accordance with the directions provided by applicable client or user.
- g) We respect you privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the personal data you may have provided through your use of the services. If you wish to access or amend any personal data that we hold about you, or to request that we delete any information about you that we have obtained through the use of our services, you may contact us at any time as set forth in the “Contact us” page on our website. At your request, we will have any reference to you deleted or blocked in our database.
You may update, correct or delete your account information at any time from your client area. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable amount of time, we may retain all information you submit for prevention of fraud, abuse or other legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
You may decline to provide some personal information to us, in which case we may not be able to provide some of the features of the service.
- h) We only retain the personal data collected from a user for as long as the account is active or otherwise for a limited period of time as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise required by law. We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- i) Scala Hosting LLC does not own, control or direct the use of any of the client’s data stored or processed through the use of our services. Only the user is entitled to access, retrieve and direct the use of such client data. Scala Hosting LLC is unaware of what client data is actually being stored or made available by a client of the service and does not access directly such client data except as authorized by the client, or as necessary to provide the services to the client as requested.
Because Scala Hosting LLC does not collect or determine the use of any personal data contained in the client data and because it does not determine the purposes for which such personal data is collected nor its use, Scala Hosting LLC is not acting in the capacity of data controller in terms of the General Data Protection Regulation and does not have the associated responsibilities under EU law Scala Hosting LLC is responsible only for Hosting according to art. 14 of the DIRECTIVE 2000/31/EC Of The European Parliament And Of The Council of 8 June 2000. Scala Hosting LLC should be considered only as a processor on behalf of its clients as to any client data containing personal information that is subject to the requirements of GDPR. The client is the data controller under the Regulation for any client data containing personal information, meaning that such party controls the manner such personal data is collected and used as well as determination of the purposes and means of the processing of such personal data.
Scala Hosting LLC is not responsible for the content of the personal data contained in the client data or other information stored on its servers at the discretion of the client nor is Scala Hosting LLC responsible for the manner in which the client collects, handles, distributes or otherwise processes such personal information.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their control panel at www.scalahosting.com/clients
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at www.scalahosting.com/tos.
- Scala Hosting LLC
1999 Bryan Street, Suite 900
Dallas, Texas, 75201
- Scala Hosting LLC
- Federal Trade Commision Fair
- Privacy Alliance