A good hosting provider would typically provide you with excellent service and great features that you won’t need to change. However, when the need arises to change providers, you can choose to migrate your website manually or automatically.
If you wish to migrate your website manually, you’d need prior knowledge of accessing and modifying databases using FTP. Migrating your WordPress site to another server or host is not as complex as it sounds, especially when you migrate automatically. This article is a simple guide on how to get it done.
We will introduce you to some recommended tools that make the migration process seamless. Ready? Let’s get to it!
Recommended WordPress Migration Tools
- All-In-One WP Migration
- Site Ground Migrator
- Migrate DB Pro
- BackUp Daddy
- Duplicator Pro
When migrating your WordPress automatically using plugins, the same process is involved, although it may differ slightly for a few plugins that require a little manual process. All these plugins are great for the migration process, but each one has its downside.
Here are some of the cons of the plugins listed above:
- Migrate DB Pro: If you are looking to build a cost-effective website, this plugin might not be suitable for you. The basic plan for this plugin starts from $99 for a single site. Also, for a complete migration process, you will need two additional add-ons, which are only available under the developer’s license.
- BackUp Daddy: This plugin does not also support WordPress multisite. If you are a WordPress beginner, you might also find the Migration and restoration features complex to use. Its single site license starts from $80, which is not very cost-effective.
- Duplicator Pro: The paid plan starts at $39 for three websites. As a beginner, you would require prior knowledge of FTP connection to use this plugin.
When it comes to moving a WordPress site automatically, especially as a WordPress beginner, you would want to consider a plugin that is easy to use and cost-effective. This is why we recommend that you use the All-In-One WP Migration plugin.
In this article, we will demonstrate how to migrate your website automatically using All-In-One WP Migration.
Move your WordPress Site with All-In-One WP Migration:
This plugin exports your WordPress website without any technical knowledge, including the database, media files, plugins, and themes. With this plugin, you can upload your site to a different location with a simple drag and drop process into WordPress.
The basic plugin plan is free, and it bypasses your host’s file size limit. However, the free plan limits your import size to 512mb
To install the plugin, follow these steps:
- Download the plugin file here
- Login to your WordPress Admin Dashboard using your credentials
- Go to the Plugin options on the left sidebar.
- Click on Add New Plugin
- Click on Upload Plugin
- Select the downloaded plugin file, Click on Install Now
- Select the newly downloaded plugin from the menu options on the sidebar
- Click on Export.
- Choose how you want to export your website by clicking on the Export To option.
- The Exportation process will take from a few seconds to minutes, depending on the size of your website.
Click on the download button.
Next, go to your new website destination. You should have installed WordPress here too:
- Install and Activate the All-In-One WP Migration Plugin again using the same process stated above.
- Go to the Plugin option on the menu sidebar. This time, click on the Import option.
- Select the exported file you previously downloaded and import it.
- All your website’s Themes, Files, and Plugins have been successfully migrated.
As a ScalaHosting user, you do not have to worry about migrating your website using any of the aforementioned tools. If you’d rather have us take care of your site migrations, our technical support team offers free site migrations from any host to Scalahost.
All you have to do is reach out to our ready-to-help support team with your migration needs, and your new website will be well on its way to its final destination!