Before you can start using your private name-servers, you need to register them with your domain registrar using the IP address of your server which we sent to you in the welcome email.
Below you can see the steps for registering name-servers at some of the domain registrars.
1. Login to your GoDaddy Account.
2. Click on My Account.
3. Click on Manage Domains.
4. Click on the domain name you want to register the name-servers with.
5. In the lower left corner of the page, there is a View/Modify detail. Click on it.
6. Enter the ns1/ns2 and the IP addresses of your server. Then click OK.
1. Login to Account Manager.
2. Click the check box next to the domain you want to manage, then click Edit DNS.
3. Ignore the warnings and click the “continue button under “Move DNS to A New Name Server” (do not select DNS Manager Continue).
4. Ignore the warning on the next page, and click Continue.
5. Enter your custom name-server, ns1.example.com ns2.example.com and click Continue.
6. On the next screen, enter the IP addresses we gave you and click Continue.
7. Ignore the warnings and click Save DNS.
1. Login into your domain control panel.
2. Once logged in go to Name servers.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link following If you want to create or modify a name server which is based on yourdomain.com.
4. At the bottom of this page type in ns1 then the IP Address provided to you. Then click on Create Name Server.
5. After that repeat #4 but then use ns2 and use the other IP Address.
1. Login to your domain control panel.
2. Click on the domain you wish to change.
3. Scroll all the way to the bottom, and under “Advanced Technical Setting”, click on “Managed Registered Name Servers”.
4. On the next screen, look for Register DNS Server.
5. Enter “ns1” for DNS Server, and the IP address (notice the domain name is pre-defined). Click the Continue button.
6. On the next screen (a confirmation screen), click Continue.
7. Repeat steps 3 – 6
1. Log into your account at your registrar, and navigate to the “Home” section of the control panel.
2. In the “Jump To Domain” box, enter your domain and select “Domain Registration Service” (Click the » button).
3. Under the section labelled “Domain Registration – Order Details”, click “Manage Child Name Servers”.
4. Enter your name-server (ie: ns1) into the “Host Name” box, and the IP address into the “Ip Address” box. Click submit. (This may take a long time) If it works, you’ll receive a message saying “Addition Completed Successfully”.
5. Repeat step 4. but using your second name-server (ie: ns2) and the IP. Once again, click submit.
6. Upon success of the addition of both name-servers, click the button “Modify Name Server” under “Domain Registration – Manage Child Name Server” (This is above the success message).
Once you register your private name-servers, you can start using them immediately.