New SPanel Update – Easier Joomla Integration, Minecraft servers, and more!
ScalaHosting is pleased to announce yet another service update of our flagship product – SPanel. One of the best market alternatives to cPanel is our very own development and we put great effort into its constant improvement. Our growing community of loyal fans is a great help in that direction as their requests and suggestions are what drive SPanel forward.
Just for 2022 alone, the SPanel dev team has rolled out several exciting updates, including new features like WHMCS integration, two-factor authentication, a control panel API, and many more. But as we like to say in the office – the best is yet to come…
And so we give you a brand-new SPanel update, full of features and improvements you’ve been eagerly awaiting. New VPS clients can already take advantage of the new version while existing users will see the changes rolling out in the next few days.
Let’s take a sneak peek behind the curtains, shall we?
- SPanel sub-users -> you can now create sub-users and grant them access to the SPanel User Interface. Additionally, you can specify which exact features the sub-user will see. For example, you can give them the ability to create databases and manage them via PhpMyAdmin and nothing else, or only allow them to create emails and email forwarders. This is the #1 requested feature by cPanel users from 9 years ago and is still not implemented today. No other hosting control panel has this option.
- GoAccess Stats -> users will be able to see web statistics for each of their domains and subdomains with an option to update the stats in real-time from SPanel.
- Cloudflare integration -> server users will be able to link their CloudFlare account to SPanel and manage their DNS records on CF via SPanel. When you add a new subdomain, SPanel will automatically create the DNS record on Cloudflare. Additionally, you’ll be able to enable/disable the I’m Under Attack feature directly from SPanel.
- Joomla integration -> as part of our ongoing partnership with Joomla, SPanel users are now able to install/remove the popular CMS solution with a single click. Using our integrated tools, you can also reset the admin password or clone your Joomla installations for testing purposes.
- Minecraft integration -> Minecraft packages are now available for servers purchased from AWS only. It allows users to deploy and manage their own Minecraft servers, host private games, and run their own fan community. All plans include BungeeCord support, true DDR4 RAM, Java version switcher, and many more.
- Email sending limit per hour per user -> SPanel admins can now set a default limit for all users on the server regarding the number of emails they can send per hour. You can also set individual limits to each of the SPanel accounts.
- Custom SSL installation improvements -> SSL installations are now easier than ever! When a user installs a custom SSL certificate SPanel will automatically fetch and load the corresponding CA bundle, so you don’t need to find it manually.
By the time you read this, our development team is already working on the new set of SPanel improvements. Keep an eye out as we promise many more impressive additions on the way!